Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekend Accomplishments

I made a strawberry rhubarb pie! Pies are fun to make and I seem to be getting better at them. Pies themselves are pretty easy, all you basically need is water, flour, butter, sugar and fruit. The fillings usually can't go wrong. The crust however, is tricky. In the past I've overworked the dough and it was tough instead of flaky. But this time I've discovered the trick! All it is is frozen butter and a food processor. Cut up your butter into cubes and freeze them. When they are good and cold put them in a food processor with the dry ingredients and pulse, adding ice water as necessary. Keep the dough cold until you put it in the oven. Pretty much just make sure those butter chunks don't melt into the dough and you'll be good.











Yum!


My second weekend accomplishment is a finished baby coat for my friends daughter...





If I don't send it quick she'll grow out of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...