Sunday, June 24, 2012

Upcycled Makeup

Did you ever buy a lipstick that was just the wrong color? I'll admit I have a couple of brand new lipsticks that never get used but I can't bear to throw away. After tossing out some old stuff that couldn't be saved, I saw that I had some MAC paint pots that had dried out and were not usable. I was going to toss them with the rest of the dried out mascaras, but the glass containers were too good to waste.
I remember reading a book by makeup artist, Kevyn Aucoin, where he talked about taking all his lipsticks and smooshing them onto a palette like paints. That way he could mix the perfect shade every time.  So I took one of my too-pink lipsticks and an old, cheapo lip gloss palette and started smooshing them up and mixing colors together.


After I got a color I liked, I cleaned out the old crusty liquid eye shadow from one of the MAC paint pots and used it for my new lip gloss color. 




4 comments:

raiha khan said...

I like this tip maaan !
no wonder you are best at giving tips ^_^

Anonymous said...

Don't throw your empties away! If you take 6 of your empty MAC containers back to MAC, you get a free lipstick, lip glass, or eyeshadow! :)

Unknown said...

This is brilliant! I love this idea! I'm so gonna do this! Thanks for sharing this great idea. I always think before I throw stuff out if the container is cool or neat. But I def. don't want to waste lipsticks...I'm not really to big on lipstick but I do have some and this would be a great idea before throwing them away! We'd love it if you'd share this at our Home is Where the Heart is! http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-1/
and any other posts you'd like to share that have to do with homesteading and homemaking!

Sarah Grace said...

Thank you very much! I will do that!

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...