Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Womanifesto


I've been having trouble coming up with a great womanifesto. I don't want to define myself by my political beliefs. I don't want to create a poetic metaphor for myself either. But here is my go at it:


I believe in women, because I believe in myself. Women have the capacity to decide how we live our lives and how to make ourselves happy. From a prostitute to a woman in a burka, I believe every choice we make is made with intelligence, thoughtfulness and self respect in mind.

A great woman once said, "I don't give a damn about my reputation." Reputations are based on stereotypes and expectations that are either a double edged sword or impossible to attain anyway.

I will not allow myself to be indoctrinated. Not to religion, not to rape culture, not to the Army, not to homophobia, not to gender, not to ethnocentrism. I want to see clearly.

A great transvestite once said, "Don't dream it, be it."
You're goddamn right. I can make it happen. I won't sit around thinking about what I wish I could be.

I accept that I don't have a plan. I don't want a plan. There is no "grand" plan, so why not just go with the flow? I will make smart choices for the future, but too much planning makes life boring. I love my spontaneity.


That's it for now! Here's an extra picture of me and my hubby <3




The Militant Baker

2 comments:

Jes said...

I love spontaneity too. Thanks for sharing:)
Jes

Sarah Grace said...

Thank you for the idea!

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...