Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New Food & New Home(?)

I just got back from checking out an apartment. It's a very cozy, very small little place but it's clean and bright with lots of new fixtures. The living room is a good size, the bedroom is tiny, but the kitchen has a good size counter space with a breakfast nook (and a dishwasher!) I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but I'm pretty sure it's ours! I'll hear back tomorrow... I'm so excited!
The one and only thing I will miss about being in the barracks is my room mates Korean food. Having a huge box of kimchi, dried fish and an expensive rice cooker was pretty awesome. I've been obsessed with Asian food in the past week or so. I took a couple trips to the Asian market for goodies to make bentos with.
I found a nice recipe for tamagoyaki and shredded vegetable pickled salad. I was surprised they both turned out tasty, as I don't normally use vinegar in recipes and adding sugar to an omelette just sounds crazy.
Now I just need a cute bento box! Look at how adorable and yummy these lunches look...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...