Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Office Politics

Day 22, Wednesday: Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off)

OK... This is a piggyback off of my day 20 post. I could go on about politics or something else of that nature, but I really don't think I have too much to add on that subject. There are many other people who can say it better than I can. So this rant is going to be about a personal pet peeve... Talking about work when you are not at work. Office politics. Yuck.

One thing about being in the military is that you're basically forced into an incubator. It's like college but not as fun or intelligent. Your friends are work friends. I have actually found some amazing people here, which was unexpected to say the least. Awesome ladies are hard to come by in the military, so I am lucky to have my girls. (Not to say that females in the military aren't cool, it's just there are not very many females at all!)
But anyway... not to veer off the subject... Pretty much your friends are your work friends. Since we spend so much time working it becomes a reflex to talk about work to each other when we go out on weekends. I HATE it. It puts me in a terrible mood. I mean, come on. I just spent an hour doing my hair and makeup and drove all the way downtown to a fancy restaurant or bar to meet up with my girls. I want to drink wine. I want to talk about our husbands or third wave feminism. Not army regulations... Yuck.

It makes me think that I must really hate my job. Like really hate it. I am happy that my friends are into their jobs because that means they have a chance to be happy with their lives. That is good. But SHIT. I don't want to hear about it on the weekend!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...