Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Perfect Pattern

I really want to design and sew a lot more dresses. I'm sure there are many people like myself who go on sites like Modcloth and just melt looking at all the pretty dresses, and then cringe over the  price. I don't do much clothes shopping because it's hard to find things that I like enough to spend the money on. Online shopping is always iffy as well. I'm also not the type of person who has "shoppers remorse" that buys something and returns it later. This makes online shopping annoying because I don't want to end up returning something in the mail.
My problem lately is that I haven't been able to find the perfect pattern. I want something that is simple and basic that can be altered to look different each time I use it to make another dress. It also needs to require a reasonable yardage of fabric so that I don't have to spend $50 on materials (I might as well just buy a ready to wear dress!)



I found this image and it looks like the perfect pattern! I think it is a Burda pattern. Hopefully I can find it this weekend. 
Do you have any "perfect patterns" that you use over and over?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...