Monday, September 23, 2013

Life Lately

Monday, September 23: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc. Bonus points for great photos!


This is how lazy I am! I didn't even take this photo myself, a friend just texted me this picture of a tree that got yarn bombed down my street. Pretty sweet, huh? 

Life lately... well today was the first snowfall. It came down hard too! Ugh. Winter in Alaska is like Godzilla. You can see it coming over the mountains from far away and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Not to mention seasonal affective disorder... the struggle is real, people!

Other than the early snow things are going well. The baby is wiggling around in my tummy even though I can't feel it yet. The ultrasound was pretty cool to see and I'm excited to go again in October. We have an appointment for genetic testing so we get to see the bear cub again! Yay!

Our friends had a baby on Saturday and we got to go visit in the hospital. They had a little girl named Lynnlee and she was absolutely adorable. Joe held her and I laughed when she started crying almost right away. Soon enough he will be a baby expert and stay-at-home-papa! I'm actually a little sad that we won't be around for our baby to meet Lynnlee. It would be nice to have a family to go on playdates with and talk baby stuff.

We also went our to our other friends house to welcome back Charlie the dog, who was returned home after three weeks being lost. The poor guy was so skinny... he appeared to be less afraid of people now and just a little bewildered that he found his way back home after being out for so long. He ended up a good five miles from his home, with bite marks on him... I bet that skittish boy fought off a bear in those woods!

Not much else is happening around here, aside from the Kitchen Nightmare marathon we have been having for quite a few days now. Miss Kitty is sitting on her favorite toy in all the world, a plastic bag. I always want to buy her fancy toys but she never seems to stay interested in them... but she sure loves a good plastic bag!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...