Sunday, September 7, 2014

Birthday



My birthday gift from Joe finally arrived!
Back in 2009 I had three ukuleles, but lost them all because of moving around so much. I learned a little bit back then and even took a lesson in Guam, but never got really good. I got this idea in my head a few weeks ago that I wanted to try playing uke again, maybe because it's a kid-friendly instrument, and requested one for my birthday.
Joe is the type of person who will spend hours researching something before buying it, so he picked a really good one for our price range. It's a Mahalo soprano ukulele made from mahogany and koa. It came in an adorable gig bag with little sea turtle zipper pulls.

I'm happy to say that I don't totally suck at it and I remember quite a few chords. Too bad there is no way to make an electric guitar and ukulele band. But hey, if Japan can invent "Babymetal," maybe anything is possible! Island-metal maybe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...